Here are notes and materials from our fourth week of MAD:
- Here are the notes projected up in both classes. Particularly if you missed Monday due to weather, read over these and leave a comment with any questions.
- All of Vi Hart’s videos on the Fibonacci sequence and plants: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
- Vi Hart’s video about angle-a-trons, which I didn’t show in class but you might find helpful. There’s links from that video to a couple of slower videos on creating specific angle-a-trons.
- You might want to look at the spreadsheet that I showed in class. You can change things in it to play with the numbers!
- I handed back some of your math autobiographies and goals. Be sure to check out my comments on your goals. The rest will be out to you on Monday!
What’s next? What should you do this weekend, or even right this minute?
- Look at the combined feed of all of your tumblr’s, wordpress sites, etc. Find it here: http://feedstitch.com/11724/math-art-design. There’s lots of interesting stuff up there already. I haven’t found a way to integrate the twitter feeds with this compilation, so you can also have a look at the twitter feed separately: https://twitter.com/faroop/mathartdesign
- Put more interesting stuff up. In particular, put up some examples of iteration. Remember iteration is really just repeating the same process over and over again, using your results at one step as the materials for your next step. You might find an example out in the wonderful internet, do a flower sketch using the angle-a-tron that you liked, draw some interesting iterated doodle, or find something you can take a snaphot of that looks interesting. If you haven’t told me your feed yet (and a few of you haven’t, do it today right here)
- If you are on tumblr, wordpress, or twitter, use this list to find people to follow: