Thanks for a great class on Monday, everyone! Here is the least you need to know:
- Read the syllabus online, and email me with any questions!
- My office is Univ Hall 2-132, and I have office hours Thurs 11-12 and Friday 12:30-1:30, or by appointment.
- For next Monday (2/3) you need to bring pictures you’ve done in one-, two-, and three-point perspective. They don’t have to be elaborate, just one or two boxes will do! Experiment with the placement of your vanishing points!
- I forgot to remind everyone Monday that this class can “count” as your single math class at Lesley if you are a LUCAD student, but not of you are a CLAS student. CLAS students are more than welcome in the class, but be aware that you will need to have another (non-QR) math course to graduate!
Here’s lots more if you are interested:
- Notes projected in class can be found here and the perspective sketches also.
- Perspective: great one-minute video on one-, two-, and three-point perspective, Wikipedia article, and Brunelleschi’s experiment
- Anamorphic art/illusions: Julian Beever video, his website, video of three anamorphic illusions that you can print out yourself
- Ames Room: Video from class, video from previous show (the show is great fun, the ames room comes in near the end), Ames room from Quaker commercial
- The 4pm class got to see another great illusion of a T-rex.
Let me know if there’s any more links you want that I forgot!