We have two more classes after today:
- May 4th 4-6:30
- May 11th 4-6pm (final exam period, will be regular class): Project #3 due
- May 11th @ Midnight: FIRM deadline for submitting projects (project #3 or late projects), class recaps for classes you missed (or classes before 4/6)
Creating fractals by hand
- Sierpinski triangle and carpet: identifying basic shape and iterative step. Here’s a source to review on your own and learn other methods of creating these fractals
- Freeform fractal drawing through iteration (similar to what we have done before)
- Video about the dragon fractal. Guide to folding the dragon fractal.
- Cutting fractals
- Creating a menger sponge from business cards
Fractals on computers
- Sierpinski carpet again, through Fractal Maker
- Menger Sponge again in Minecraft
- Nico’s Fractal Machine and this blog description
- Flame fractals and Electric Sheep. See video explaining some of the history.
- Creating fractals in GIMP (brief look: flame, IFS, Fractal Explorer)
- Creating fractals via iteration in Photoshop
- Recursive Drawing (see video intro)
Fractals and Iteration in Nature
- Vi Hart’s series on spirals
- What makes something fractal?